Agent-Based and Individual-Based Modeling: A Practical Introduction
$59.95 (as of Dec 10, 2017, 9:47 pm)
Usually ships in 24 hours
Agent-based modeling is a new technique for understanding how the dynamics of biological, social, and other complex systems arise from the characteristics and behaviors of the agents making up these systems. This innovative textbook gives students and scientists the skills to design, implement, and analyze agent-based models. It starts with the fundamentals of modeling and provides an introduction to NetLogo, an easy-to-use, free, and powerful software platform. Nine chapters then each introduce an important modeling concept and show how to implement it using NetLogo. The book goes on to present strategies for finding the right level of model complexity and developing theory for agent behavior, and for analyzing and learning from models.
Agent-Based and Individual-Based Modeling features concise and accessible text, numerous examples, and exercises using small but scientific models. The emphasis throughout is on analysis–such as software testing, theory development, robustness analysis, and understanding full models–and on design issues like optimizing model structure and finding good parameter values.
- The first hands-on introduction to agent-based modeling, from conceptual design to computer implementation to parameterization and analysis
- Provides an introduction to NetLogo with nine chapters introducing an important modeling concept and showing how to implement it using NetLogo
- Filled with examples and exercises, with updates and supplementary materials at http://www.railsback-grimm-abm-book.com/
- Designed for students and researchers across the biological and social sciences
- Written by leading practitioners
Leading universities that have adopted this book include:
- Amherst College
- Brigham Young University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Cornell University
- Miami University
- Northwestern University
- Old Dominion University
- Portland State University
- Rhodes College
- Susquehanna University
- University College, Dublin
- University of Arizona
- University of British Columbia
- University of Michigan
- University of South Florida
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Virginia
Statistical Analysis of Network Data with R (Use R!)$59.99 (as of Dec 10, 2017, 9:39 pm) Add to cart
Social Network Analysis: A Handbook$70.00 (as of Dec 10, 2017, 9:39 pm) Add to cart
Understanding Social Networks: Theories, Concepts, and Findings
$24.95(as of Dec 10, 2017, 9:38 pm) Add to cart
Social Network Analysis of Disaster Response, Recovery, and Adaptation$79.95 (as of Dec 10, 2017, 9:43 pm) Add to cart
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously