Social Network Analysis with Applications
$106.95 (as of Oct 17, 2017, 4:59 am)
Usually ships in 24 hours
A comprehensive introduction to social network analysis that hones in on basic centrality measures, social links, subgroup analysis, data sources, and more
Written by military, industry, and business professionals, this book introduces readers to social network analysis, the new and emerging topic that has recently become of significant use for industry, management, law enforcement, and military practitioners for identifying both vulnerabilities and opportunities in collaborative networked organizations.
Focusing on models and methods for the analysis of organizational risk, Social Network Analysis with Applications provides easily accessible, yet comprehensive coverage of network basics, centrality measures, social link theory, subgroup analysis, relational algebra, data sources, and more. Examples of mathematical calculations and formulas for social network measures are also included.
Along with practice problems and exercises, this easily accessible book covers:
- The basic concepts of networks, nodes, links, adjacency matrices, and graphs
- Mathematical calculations and exercises for centrality, the basic measures of degree, betweenness, closeness, and eigenvector centralities
- Graph-level measures, with a special focus on both the visual and numerical analysis of networks
- Matrix algebra, outlining basic concepts such as matrix addition, subtraction, multiplication, and transpose and inverse calculations in linear algebra that are useful for developing networks from relational data
- Meta-networks and relational algebra, social links, diffusion through networks, subgroup analysis, and more
An excellent resource for practitioners in industry, management, law enforcement, and military intelligence who wish to learn and apply social network analysis to their respective fields, Social Network Analysis with Applications is also an ideal text for upper-level undergraduate and graduate level courses and workshops on the subject.
Social Network Analysis
$56.00(as of Oct 17, 2017, 4:52 am) Add to cart
Understanding Dark Networks: A Strategic Framework for the Use of Social Network Analysis$55.00 (as of Oct 17, 2017, 4:52 am) Add to cart
Networks, Crowds, and Markets: Reasoning About a Highly Connected World
$62.00(as of Oct 17, 2017, 4:59 am) Add to cart
Understanding Social Networks: Theories, Concepts, and Findings
$24.95(as of Oct 17, 2017, 4:52 am) Add to cart
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously